is a growing epidemic of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in Nigeria
today, 43.5% of Nigerians suffer from CKD, whilst 90% are unaware
that they even have the disease.
course will educate you on the importance of preventing the onset of
kidney disease, liver disease, osteoporosis and arthritis. You will
learn ways to mange and reverse some of the severe aspects of these
will understand why malaria kills a child every 2 minutes in Nigeria
and why it is imperative to avoid the medical catastrophe. If
antibiotics becomes resistant due to its over use and under use as
most people in Nigeria use it without a prescription, this could
mean that a simple cut on the skin that gets infected could result in
will learn why loud snoring could be as a result of sleep apnea which
is a condition that could cause a stroke, high blood pressure and
heart attack if left untreated.
successful completion of this course you will realize the importance
of avoiding the onset of certain lifestyle diseases, you can now make
informed decisions about your lifestyle choices in order to reverse
or manage most of these diseases as well as learn the risk factors
involved in getting these diseases.
of the diseases we contact can be avoided if you acquire the
knowledge on how to prevent them.
all you can so you can look forward to aging gracefully.
you know that 4 out of 5 cardiac arrests occur at home and most
people who suffer from a cardiac arrest outside of the hospital die?
Not only that, many victims of sudden cardiac death appear healthy
and may not have any known heart diseases or risk factors.
you can’t stop cardiac arrests from happening, you can certainly be
proactive in case an emergency occurs to help mitigate the damage.
How? Properly and promptly performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(CPR) can dramatically improve a person’s chance of survival. Since
almost 90% of cardiac arrests occur at home, where the person needs
immediate Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, it makes it even more
important to learn how to perform CPR properly,
that can save the life of a loved one,
member or even a stranger.
course leads participants through the steps on how to effectively
carry out CPR, and simple first aid techniques.
addition provides you with access to a printable list of the basic
steps for performing CPR and First Aid. This way, you can keep the
information you need right at your fingertips!
- What you Need to Know About Kidney and Liver Disease
- Basic Facts on Malaria
- Infections, Infectious Diseases And Results of Overuse of Antibiotics
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis – Management and Care
- What your Eye Symptom May Mean and Tooth Erosion and Damage
- Sleep Apnea
- Getting and Staying Healthy
- Necessary Health Checks in Your 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s
- CPR And First Aid Basics
the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common ailments such as liver and kidney disease, its prevention and management
- Understand the relationship between dental hygiene and Heart disease and stroke
- Understand the need and methods for proper tooth and eye care to achieve optimal health
- Understand why malaria fatality is on the rise and the dangers of under or over treating malaria and adapt ways to properly prevent and treat it.
- Identify common infections and infectious diseases, symptoms of these diseases, prevention and cure
- Understand the dangers of overuse or underuse of antibiotics
- Understand the dangers of ignoring bone health and identify ways to properly care for your bones and manage bone conditions such as Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Identify the basic health checks as it applies to respective ages.
- Understand the relationship between lifestyle and health and how to effectively make positive lifestyle changes to achieve the best health.
- Understand what Sleep Apnea is and identify the dangers of untreated sleep apnea
- Effectively carry out First aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in an emergency.